[CPM-SPIRE-L] Job posting: Research positions in the fields of Big data analytics, information retrieval, and machine learning.

Matthias Hagen matthias.hagen at uni-weimar.de
Wed Feb 12 02:25:06 PST 2014

The Web Technology and Information Systems Group (www.webis.de) at Bauhaus-Universität Weimar,
Germany, is inviting applicants (PhDs and Postdocs) for several positions of research assistants in
the fields of Big data analytics, information mining and retrieval, machine learning, natural
language processing, and information extraction. (Also see the the job advertisement at
http://www.uni-weimar.de/de/universitaet/aktuell/stellenausschreibungen/m0210e/ or the German
version at http://www.uni-weimar.de/de/universitaet/aktuell/stellenausschreibungen/0210/)

The engagement should start as early as possible within the next months (exact date is flexible) and
is initially limited for two years; an extension is possible and will be expected. For non-Postdocs
it is possible to do a PhD (Dr. rer. nat.). Salary is based on the collective agreement for public
sector in Germany, 13 TV-L.

Prospective candidates should have finished (or expect to finish in the next months) a Master in
computer science, mathematics, or a related field with excellent or very good grades. A solid
background in mathematics and statistics is expected -- as well as good programming skills.

We are an experienced research group where team spirit and active collaboration takes top priority.
We are looking for an open-minded graduate who wants to develop herself or himself both as a
researcher and a person. Our research group's working language is English; fluency in German is not
required.

Interested and qualified candidates are asked to submit the following documents electronically as
one pdf-file: a cover letter describing yourself and your interests, a detailed CV, academic
transcripts stating courses taken and grades received, and a list of publications (if any).

E-Mail: webis[at]listserv.uni-weimar.de
Job reference number: M/WP-10/14
Closing date: March 10, 2014

We do not discriminate on the basis of religion, color, gender, age, or disability.

Web: www.webis.de

--
Matthias Hagen
Big Data Analytics