[CPM-SPIRE-L] July 8th GraphMastersOpen / Stringmasters Workshop

Travis Gagie travis.gagie at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 09:49:21 PDT 2021

Dear colleague,

We've decided to hold the July 8th GraphMastersOpen and StringMasters
workshops (virtually) co-located with IWOCA 2021, on Discord:

https://discord.gg/k6fHv8gvAeREMOVE_THIS_SUFFIX

The workshops will start with a joint presentation of suggested topics at
10 am UK time, followed by work sessions.  There will be another
presentation of the topics at 8:30 am Ottawa time, followed by more work
sessions.  We'll leave the Discord channel open but we expect discussions
will peter out in the afternoon (Ottawa time).

If you would like to present a string- or graph related problem, please
contact us by email:
Alessio Conte (conte [at] di.unipi.it) for GraphMastersOpen,
Jackie Daykin (jackie.daykin [at] kcl.ac.uk) for StringMasters,
Travis Gagie (travis.gagie [at] dal.ca) for StringMasters.

Currently, five topics have been suggested for StringMasters:

- prefix-normal words (by Zsuzsanna Liptak; see
http://profs.scienze.univr.it/liptak/files/OpenProblemsPNW.pdf)

- factoring a string into the maximum number of distinct factors (by Alex
Popa; see https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-3-030-38919-2_43)

- compact data structures for planar graphs (by Travis Gagie; see
https://arxiv.org/abs/2105.04965)

- bidirectional FM-indexes in O(r) space (by Travis Gagie; see
https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1145/3375890)

- generalizations of V-order (by Jackie Daykin; see
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0304397521003492).

Registration through IWOCA (
https://www.fields.utoronto.ca/cgi-bin/register?form_selection=IWOCA2021;
free) is encouraged so we have a list of participants' emails, to keep them
updated about developments after the workshop (possibly including a special
issue).  Participants can email one of the chairs if they prefer.

Best regards,
Alessio Conte
(GraphMastersOpen chair)
Jackie Daykin