[CPM-SPIRE-L] Looking for graduate students at the University of Florida

Boucher,Christina A cboucher at cise.ufl.edu
Tue Oct 13 10:29:42 PDT 2020

Multiple postdoctoral fellowships and graduate fellowships in big data analysis, applied algorithm and genomics are available in my lab at the University of Florida in Gainesville, FL.  I am looking for students with a diverse background in mathematics and computer science.  Candidates should be interested in biology but not necessarily have a formal background.

I am specifically interested in (a) pangenomics and devising and implementing algorithms for indexing a large number of reference genomics, (b) developing methods to find structural variants from optical mapping data, and (c) detecting antimicrobial resistance from shotgun metagenomics data.   My lab is balanced between applied and theoretical work: we not only create novel algorithms, but we also implement them in a scalable manner.

For more information, please visit my website: www.christinaboucher.com.   Interested students should be working towards a degree in computer science, discrete mathematics, computer engineering, or bioinformatics.  Please send a brief introduction with a CV: christinaboucher at ufl.edu.

Thank you!
Christina

Christina Boucher
Associate Professor
Department of Computer and Information Science and Engineering
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL
christinaboucher at ufl.edu
www.christinaboucher.com