[CPM-SPIRE-L] Danny Breslauer

Tao Jiang jiang at cs.ucr.edu
Fri Dec 22 17:57:31 PST 2017

This is certainly a very sad news just Xmas! We collaborated on the
approximation of shortest superstrings many years ago and I still
vividly remember his brilliance in compressing a complex theorem
about peridic strings into a few simply formulas. I was an unaware
of his recent illness. In fact, he shared with me a new idea about
finally cracking the shortest superstring problem just a few years
ago, and I was looking forward to hearing more from him! He will
always be remembered.

Tao