[CPM-SPIRE-L] Danny Breslauer

Stefano Lonardi stelo at cs.ucr.edu
Fri Dec 22 10:59:04 PST 2017

It seems that some postings about Danny did not
go through. I pasted them below.

Stefano

==

From: Ricardo Baeza-Yates <ricardo.baeza at upf.edu>

Dear all,

This is really sad. I had the luck to see him a few months ago, where he
told me his struggle with his disease, how the health insurance company
stalked him and how Google did not help at all. Although clearly he was
not completely well, he was trying to be happy and I am really sorry that
a brilliant colleague ends this way and so soon.

==

From: Aldo de Luca <aldeluca at unina.it>

Dear friends and colleagues,

I am shocked to learn of Danny Breslauer's departure which is a major loss
for our Computer Scientist community. His contributions to the Computer
Science were of great interest and level. I send my most sincere
condolences to his sister Iris.

==

From: Cenk Sahinalp <cenk at sfu.ca>
This is indeed very sad news for us all in the CPM community. Danny, Rest
In Peace.