[CPM-SPIRE-L] the ultimate Raconteur

Rahul Shah rahul at csc.lsu.edu
Tue Jul 21 20:32:52 PDT 2015

Dear All,

Sad news indeed as I thought he had done well against his illness last
year. I had good fortune to hear some of his anecdotes in weekly "curious
minds" seminar at Purdue. Rest in Peace Alberto !

Rahul

On Tue, 21 Jul 2015 19:17:45 -0400, Rao Kosaraju wrote
> Dear Friends,
>
> Passing of Alberto is a great loss to pattern matching community,
>  and more generally to computer science. Alberto was a deep thinker
> and a dedicated teacher. I had the good fortune of being his
> colleague at Purdue for one year. He was always full of energy and
> humor. When I contacted him last year to wish him good luck with his
> health, he sounded very cheerful - the old Alberto I knew.
>
> I hope he rests in peace,
> Rao Kosaraju

Rahul Shah
Roy Paul Daniels Distinguished Associate Professor
School of EECS                  rahul at csc.lsu.edu
Louisiana State University      ph: (225)578-4355
Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA      http://www.csc.lsu.edu/~rahul