[CPM-SPIRE-L] Compressed Data Structures session at DCC 2016

Travis Gagie travis.gagie at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 22:48:05 PDT 2015

Dear Colleague,

Next year's Data Compression Conference (DCC) will include a special
session on Compressed Data Structures.  This will be an opportunity for
members of our community to confer with each other, and reinforce our
topic's relevance to the wider field of Data Compression.

Papers are due by November 2nd, 2015, and the conference will take place from
March 29th to April 1st, 2016, in Snowbird, Utah (a premier ski resort in
the Rocky Mountains).  The DCC submission process (see
http://www.cs.brandeis.edu/~dcc/Call.html) will allow authors to direct
their papers to the special session, but submissions are otherwise handled
in the same way, will be subject to the same review process and, if
accepted, will be included in the same proceedings.

Best regards,
Gonzalo Navarro and Travis Gagie
(session co-chairs)

PS There will also be a special session on Genome Compression, chaired by
Jiangtao Wen, Khalid Sayood, Claudio Alberti, Ioannis Xenarios, Jaime
Delgado, and Marco Mattavelli, which may be of interest to our community.