[CPM-SPIRE-L] the ultimate Raconteur

Laurent Mouchard Laurent.Mouchard at univ-rouen.fr
Wed Aug 5 07:30:42 PDT 2015

Dear all,

My humble contribution.
Laurent

Bielefeld
------------

I met Alberto (and Stefano)  once in Bielefeld in the mid 90's. Robert
Giegerich and Andreas Dress invited us to set up a possible European
Programme for Computational Biology, think of students/staff mobility etc.

After an intense brain storming we had some time for discussing a bit.
Alberto was staring into space, I politely asked him if he was tired (he
told me before that they drove from Italy).
He answered: Laurent, imagine how lucky we are to be in Bielefeld,
everyone should be able to visit Bielefeld once in his lifetime.

I was a bit confused and asked him why (following Moshe's remark).

He took him a few seconds to answer:
For those who don't believe that Hell exists, they have now some
evidence that it possibly does.
For those who are afraid to go to Hell, they know that there is still
hope as they will find pleasant people to welcome them and to share
eternity with.