[CPM-SPIRE-L] Announcement: ESA Track S

Eva Rotenberg eva.rotenberg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 08:59:39 PDT 2021

Announcement: ESA Track S

Next year, the European Symposium on Algorithms ESA’22 will have a Track S
(for Simplicity) inviting contributions that simplify algorithmic results.

We would like to expand the community around simplification of algorithmic
results, encourage and reward research towards simplification and clarity.
We find that simpler algorithms are easier to implement, bridging the gap
between theory and practice, and we find that new simple or elegant proofs
are easier to understand and to teach, and may contain interesting new
insights whose relevance only the future will reveal.

Scope: We invite submissions that prove or explain known results in a
much clearer, simpler or more elegant way than done before. Submissions
that improve on the state of the art from a theoretical or practical
viewpoint should instead be submitted to tracks A or B.

Paper assessment: Contingent on being in scope for ESA, submitted
papers will primarily be judged on the simplicity and elegance of their
proofs or algorithms, and the clarity of their presentation.

Track S will run as an experiment for the 2022 ESA in Potsdam, Germany.
It will have its own PC and PC chair, and the submission/acceptance
deadlines follow the schedule for tracks A and B.

--
Eva Rotenberg