[CPM-SPIRE-L] DCC '21 deadline

Travis Gagie travis.gagie at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 09:17:57 PDT 2020

Dear colleagues,

Please remember that the deadline for the 2021 Data Compression Conference
(DCC '21) is November 2nd at 11:59 pm (PST):
https://www.cs.brandeis.edu/~dcc/Call.html .

The attendance policy has changed this year due to the COVID pandemic:
---
"We are planning to hold an in-person conference at Snowbird, but without
requiring in-person author attendance. We recognize the reality that we may
need to change to an online conference. In any case, every author will have
the option to submit a video of their presentation in lieu of attendance.
No author will be required to attend in-person, even if the conference is
held in-person at Snowbird."
---

The DCC special sessions on computation over compressed data are now
running biennially so there will _not_ be one in 2021.  DCC '21 will have
other special sessions on video coding technologies, compression and
quantization in learning, and neural networks for compression, however,
which are likely to attract a large number of submissions.  It will help
maintain our area's high profile at DCC, therefore, for there to be also an
impressive number of submissions from our community!

Cheers,
Travis