[CPM-SPIRE-L] Postdoc position at UGR: Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellowship in Automation of Systematic Reviews

Juan Manuel Fernández Luna jmfluna at decsai.ugr.es
Mon May 11 08:37:56 PDT 2020

The University of Granada, Spain, and more specifically its Department
of Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence offers a Marie
Skłodowska-Curie individual European fellowship on the automation of
systematic reviews using Artificial Intelligence.

Published biomedical research needs to be synthesised for health
practitioners. This currently takes too long to contemporaneously
enhance health care quality because the methods of evidence synthesis
that bring together published studies to underpin guidance for practice
have well recognised, serious delays taking on average 5 staff members
over 12 months to complete a review. We postulate that artificial
intelligence (AI) can assist in evidence synthesis, improving the
timeliness of guidelines. The objective of this project is, using beyond
state-of-the-art AI methodology, develop an integrated system using
modern AI technologies to support the complete process of systematic
reviews. We will validate the performance the AI-based system
quantifying its accuracy, precision, heterogeneity, bias and
generalizability compared to a standard meta-analysis. We wish to form
an international consortium of well-established researchers with
individually distinctive track records in computer science, systematic
review, study quality assessment, meta-analysis, evidence grading,
public health, cardiometabolic research, and various forms of evidence
synthesis including both randomized and real-world data. This will allow
the delivery of a much-needed, exciting, ground breaking, high-quality
and impactful project. Our output will help accelerate the process of
meta-analyses, evidence synthesis and transfer of research into
guidelines for improving the quality of health care.

So we are looking for an experienced researcher with a PhD in Computer
Science, with a strong background in Information Retrieval, Machine
Learning, Natural Language Processing and Text Mining to be integrated
in a friendly and strong research group. She/he will collaborate with a
multidisciplinary team in order to automating several of the stages of
systematic reviews, where all these previously disciplines must be involved.

The candidate will work and live at the beautiful city of Granada, at
southern Spain.

Those interested candidates should send a letter of interest and
presentation (including the reasons why she/he would be interested in
this position, her/his possible contributions to the research and
skills) to Juan Manuel Fernández Luna (jmfluna <at> decsai.ugr.es) in
addition to her/him CV.

After a first selection from all the CVs, the selected candidate will
work with the members of the research team to elaborate a successful
proposal.