[CPM-SPIRE-L] Special Issue of Algorithmica Regarding LSD&LAW 2020

Alzamel, Mai mai.alzamel at kcl.ac.uk
Tue Jun 16 10:50:23 PDT 2020

Dear LSD&LAW 2020 Participant and All,

We warmly invite submissions to the LSD&LAW 2020 special issue of the "Algorithmica" journal according to the following preliminary CFP:

*******************************

CALL FOR PAPERS:

*******************************

This special issue on the journal "Algorithmica" will be devoted to topics on novel algorithms for biological sequence and structure analysis, phylogeny reconstruction, and combinatorial algorithms.  Submissions presenting original research within these areas are invited. This issue will also contain full versions of selected presentations from LSD&LAW 2020<https://nms.kcl.ac.uk/informatics/events/LSD&LAW20/)> held at King's College London, UK.

Topics of interest include but are not limited to:

* Algorithms and Data Structures

* Complexity Theory

* Graph Theory & Combinatorics

* Combinatorial Optimization

* Sequence analysis

* Online Algorithms

* Streaming Algorithms

* Big data

* Biostatistics

* Image analysis

* Network and graph models

* Scientific data management and data mining

* Machine learning

* Pattern recognition

* Computational evolutionary biology

* Computational genomics

** Papers which are pure theory, theory supported by experimentation, and applied research are encouraged.

** Papers must contain previously unpublished material.

** Survey papers which are relevant to the topics of the special issue are welcome and will be considered at the discretion of the editors.

** Submissions by non-participants will be considered subject to relevance.

** All submitted papers will be refereed according to the usual Algorithmica Journal refereeing process, namely a minimum of two reviews but usually three.

** Full papers should be submitted via Algorithmica submission server link:

https://www.editorialmanager.com/algo/default.aspx

choose explicitly in the special issue submission step under 'Additional Information' as Article Type S.I.: The 28th London Stringology Days & London Algorithmic Workshop.

** Please use Algorithmica Journal style, details of which can be found here:

https://www.springer.com/journal/453/submission-guidelines

The preliminary schedule:

** Deadline for submission: 31 August 2020, however, the submission server is open and you can submit your paper before the deadline.

** We will do our best to achieve a thorough and fast review process and publish this issue by early 2021.

** Please let us know if you intend to submit a manuscript by responding to this email in few days.

Best Regards from the Guest Editors,

Mai Alzamel

Prof. Costas Iliopoulos

Dr. Dimitrios Letsios