[CPM-SPIRE-L] PhD position "Genome Data Science"

Alexander Schoenhuth A.Schoenhuth at cwi.nl
Wed Nov 27 02:03:19 PST 2019

Dear All,

I have a PhD position at University Bielefeld, which I will join from January, and I am looking for applicants with a strong cs/math background. The topics covered are supposed to be in the wider areas of Computational (Single Cell / Pan-) Genomics, Genome Data Science, Algorithmic Bioinformatics, Artificial Intelligence in Computational Personalized Medicine (for example using machine learning on features derived from genome data structures), and any interfaces. Details can be discussed in person, I will be open to adapt to personal interests. The starting date is negotiable, and applications will be considered until the position is filled, but preferably applications should be submitted before Christmas 2019, by 20th of December 2019.

The position is classified as a German Scientific Assistant, with salaries being determined based on prior experience and qualifications (‘E13-TVL’). Working language is English or German, depending on personal preference.

Please distribute this email to anyone interested and/or send CV's and cover letters to <as at cwi.nl> or <alexander.schoenhuth at gmail.com>.

Many thanks!

Kind regards,
 Alex Schönhuth