[CPM-SPIRE-L] Postdoc Position in Machine Learning

Lucian Ilie ilie at uwo.ca
Wed Dec 11 06:10:19 PST 2019

Dear Colleagues,

We have a two-year postdoctoral position in Machine Learning, see below for details. I would appreciate if you could pass this around to potential candidates.

Best regards,
-- Lucian

Postdoctoral position in Machine Learning

A postdoctoral position is available in Machine Learning in the lab of Prof. Lucian Ilie and Prof. Roberto Solis-Oba in the Department of Computer Science at Western University.
We are seeking qualified and motivated applicants in Machine Learning, to work on investigating and developing new Machine Learning techniques for handling sequences, such as LSTM networks and word embeddings, with potential applications to solving various problems in Bioinformatics.

The ideal candidate would have a strong background in Machine Learning and Computer Science. Strong programming skills and experience with implementing algorithms in a popular deep learning framework, such as TensorFlow or PyTorch, are mandatory. Bioinformatics background is not required.

The position is for two years, with a flexible starting date of September 1, 2020. The salary will be $67,000 CDN per year. The position involves teaching two half-courses per year, in addition to research. The successful candidate will have good communication skills and experience in teaching. Candidates should have completed a Ph.D. in July 2017 or later. The filling of the position is subject to budgetary considerations.

Applicants should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae and three letters of recommendation by e-mail to ilie at uwo.ca<mailto:ilie at uwo.ca>. At least one reference should comment on the candidate’s teaching abilities. The screening process will start on February 1, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled. We appreciate all replies to this advertisement, but only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
--
LUCIAN ILIE, PhD
Professor