[CPM-SPIRE-L] Post Doc Offer: Small variant discovering and GWAS analysis from exome data

Pierre Peterlongo pierre.peterlongo at inria.fr
Mon Sep 10 02:04:55 PDT 2018

Hi all,

Here is a post doc offer (16 months) in Inria, Rennes, France. We look
forward to receiving your application!

        Post Doc

  * starting date: as soon as possible
  * where: INRIA, Rennes, GenScale team
  * duration: 16 months

        Description

GenScale main objective is to develop original methods to process the
high volumes of data generated by NGS (Next Generation Sequencing)
technologies. In the IPL Neuromarkers framework, we propose to perform a
large scale analysis of exomes (coding region of the genome) from
healthy participants and patients with neurodegenerative diseases to
first detect small genomic variants related to these diseases using the
DiscoSNPs tool. This software takes as input several datasets (here
patient exomes) and detect all possible genomic variations between
individuals such as SNPs (Single Nucleotide Polymorphism) or small
indels (insertion and deletions). Then, in a second step, a GWAS
(Genome-Wide Analysis Study) analysis will be applied in order to find
correlation between groups of SNPs/indels and diseases. A new method
based on data-mining techniques, and developed by the GenScale and
Lacodam Inria teams during the PhD thesis of Pahm Hoang Son (2017), will
be used and adapted for this specific case.

        Partners involved

GenScale (Inria), Aramis (Inria), iCONICS bioinformatics platform (ICM),
JC Corvol (Parkinson, ICM), M.-C. Potier, B. Dubois, H. Hampel
(Alzheimer, ICM)

        Contact

D. Lavenier (lavenier at iria.fr)

--
Document sans titre

*Pierre Peterlongo - INRIA* - Research Associate / Chargé de recherche
http://people.rennes.inria.fr/Pierre.Peterlongo/

Campus de Beaulieu- Rennes
35042 Rennes Cedex, France
Tel : +33 (0)2 99 84 74 59
Fax : +33 (0)2 99 84 71 71

**I do not read emails after 1pm. Call me by phone for any emergency* *