[CPM-SPIRE-L] My memories of Alberto

Giuseppe Lancia giuseppe.lancia.uniud at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 17:30:39 PDT 2015

*On a sunny afternoon in 2006 Alberto and I had to go through a few hundred
submissions **for the Venice RECOMB conference, look at each of them, sort
them by topics and  **decide the referees. A lot of work, so I guessed we
should have met early at his office, in our **department at the University
of Padova. Right? Wrong. He had a better idea.*

*At an harbor by the sea, near my hometown, he was keeping his boat, a nice
catamaran **with plenty of space and a big table in the interior. That was
the perfect place to  **look at our big bag of papers. And so we did (not
before he had put on some classical music **for the background and poured
us a glass of wine).*

*Now I wish my current office were on a catamaran too. It isn't but at
least thanks to Alberto **I lived the experience of working on a boat. He
surely knew how to enjoy life and I will miss **him.*

*Giuseppe Lancia*