[CPM-SPIRE-L] the ultimate Raconteur

Arlindo Oliveira arlindo.oliveira at cg.ist.utl.pt
Thu Jul 23 16:10:39 PDT 2015

On 23-07-2015 23:42, Nivio Ziviani wrote:
> I first met Alberto in 1995 at the second Spire in Valparaiso, Chile.
> He loved old furniture and he new a restaurer in Cerea, near Verona,
> named Silverio Ziviani. He gave his card (attached), which gave me the
> opportunity of finding out precious information about my relatives in
> Italy. My grandgrandfather came from Veneto around 1870 and we did now
> were he came from. I went to Cerea and discovery the place my
> grandgrandfather came from, was able to search and recover his
> birthday registration in Cerea. I now  have an Italian citizenship
> thanks to Alberto.
>
> Alberto hosted Spire 2004 in Padova and invited some of us to his
> house, where he was very proud to show a very old furniture that he
> exchanged by his BMW!
Actually, I remember very vividly this particular event. Alberto pointed
to an classic dresser
he had on one of the rooms and said: Do you see that dresser? It used to
be a BMW!

Surprised, we asked how that singular transformation took place. He then
clarified that he had crashed a BMW
in an accident, a car that he shouldn't have bought in the first place,
and that with the insurance
money he decided to buy that dresser, that was a much better and much
safer investment!

I will miss Alberto deeply.

Best

  Arlindo