[CPM-SPIRE-L] Alberto Apostolico 1948-2015

Galil, Zvi galil at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Aug 25 07:29:29 PDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

As some of you know Alberto Apostolic passed away last month.
Yesterday we had a beautiful memorial service for Alberto.
There were three unusual things that happened since Alberto's passing. They clearly prove how special Alberto was to so many.

1.       A donation established the Alberto Apostolico lecture series in Georgia Tech. The first lecture will be on October 8th. The first lecturer will be Pavel Pevzner. Stay tuned.

2.       Dick Lipton and Ken Regan wrote a blog about Alberto: https://rjlipton.wordpress.com/2015/07/22/alberto-apostolico-1948-2015/

3.       Amihood Amir collected stories and condolences emails from about 100 people. It resulted in the "Apostolic Tales" which I attach. It includes the blog post mentioned above.

Alberto will be dearly missed by many.

Zvi