[CPM-SPIRE-L] LSD & LAW 2014 Special Issue of the Journal of Discrete Algorithms

Solon P. Pissis solon.pissis at kcl.ac.uk
Wed May 7 02:35:00 PDT 2014

Dear Participants and Friends of the LSD & LAW workshops,

Following the success of LSD & LAW 2014 and previous LSD & LAW Special
Issue publications, it is our great pleasure to announce a new Call For
Papers regarding the LSD & LAW 2014.

We look forward to receiving your submissions by 15 July 2014.

Kind regards,

Hideo & Solon

We warmly invite contributions to the LSD & LAW 2014 Special Issue of
the Journal of Discrete Algorithms according to the following
preliminary CFP:

*******************************

CALL FOR PAPERS: LSD & LAW 2014

*******************************

This special issue of the JDA (http://ees.elsevier.com/jda/) will be
devoted to topics on algorithms and bioinformatics. Submissions
presenting original research within these areas are invited. This issue
will also contain full versions of selected presentations from the
London Stringology Days & London Algorithmic Workshop 2014
(http://www.dcs.kcl.ac.uk/events/LSD&LAW14/) held at King's College
London, UK.

Topics of interest include but are not limited to:

* automata theory
* big data
* bioinformatics
* cache complexity
* compression
* data mining
* data structures
* geometry
* graphics
* graph problems
* indexing
* information theory
* internet issues
* musicology
* natural language processing
* network security
* statistics on words
* string matching

** Papers which are pure theory, theory supported by experimentation,
and applied research are encouraged.

** Papers must contain previously unpublished material; however, full
versions of conference manuscripts may be submitted subject to citing
the conference paper.

** Survey papers which are relevant to the topics of the special issue
are welcome and will be considered at the discretion of the editors.

** Submissions by non-participants will be considered subject to relevance.

** Submissions should be typically 10 - 20 pages (shorter or longer
papers will be considered at the discretion of the editors).

** All submitted papers will be refereed according to the usual JDA
refereeing process, namely a minimum of two reviews but usually three.

** Papers should be submitted via the web site http://ees.elsevier.com/jda/
    The type of the submitted article should be: "LSD/LAW 2014"

The preliminary schedule:

  - Deadline for submission: 15 July 2014
  - Notification to authors: 15 December 2014
  - Submission of revised version: 5 January 2015
  - Response to authors: 19 January 2015
  - Submission of final version: 02 February 2015

We look forward to receiving your submissions!

Best regards from the guest editors,

Hideo & Solon

Hideo Bannai
Department of Informatics
Kyushu University, Japan
bannai at inf.kyushu-u.ac.jp

Solon P. Pissis
Department of Informatics
King's College London, UK
solon.pissis at kcl.ac.uk

Co-Editors of the LSD & LAW 2014 Special Issue of the Journal of
Discrete Algorithms

--
Solon P. Pissis

Lecturer in Computer Science (Algorithms & Bioinformatics)
Algorithms and Bioinformatics group
Department of Informatics
King's College London
Strand