[CPM-SPIRE-L] 3 Assistant Professorships at University of Bristol, UK

Raphael Clifford Raphael.Clifford at bristol.ac.uk
Wed Jun 18 00:39:49 PDT 2014

Closing date for applications: 22-Jun-2014

There are three positions currently advertised at the University of Bristol, UK.

1) Lecturer (roughly equivalent to Assistant Professor) to join the
Theory and Algorithms group. The appointment is a fixed term post for
3 years in the first instance. The group studies various aspects of
the theory and practice of algorithms, covering algorithms
and lower bounds in classical models of computation, as well as
quantum computing.

The full advert and application process can be found at

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/jobs/find/details.html?nPostingId=1996&nPostingTargetId=6909&id=Q50FK026203F3VBQBV7V77V83&lg=UK

The Theory and Algorithms web page is at
http://www.cs.bris.ac.uk/Research/Algorithms/ .

2) Two further Lecturer or Senior Lecturer positions.  We are looking
to enhance our research and teaching in core computer science; both
theoretical aspects (such as formal methods, complexity, information
theory, theory of programming languages, automated theorem
proving/protocol analysis), as well as engineering aspects (such as
programming languages, operating systems, distributed computing and
software engineering). One of these posts is open-ended, and the other
is fixed term for 3 years.

The full advert and application process can be found at

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/jobs/find/details.html?nPostingId=1995&nPostingTargetId=6905&id=Q50FK026203F3VBQBV7V77V83&lg=UK
.

Those working in Theory/Algorithms are welcome to apply for all three positions.