[CPM-SPIRE-L] POSTDOCTORAL POSITION IN STRING ALGORITHMS FOR DNA SEQUENCING

Gene Myers gene.myers at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 06:26:05 PST 2014

POSTDOCTORAL POSITION IN STRING ALGORITHMS FOR DNA SEQUENCING

Dear Colleague,

I am looking for a postdoc to work on algorithms and software for a
next-next-gen assembler for long read sequencers.The required attributes
are:

·Training and expertise in the area of combinatorial algorithms (e.g.
CPM, WABI, RECOMB)

·Great coding skills in C and an interest in "algorithm engineering"

A desirable additional factor would be direct experience with DNA
sequence assembly algorithms.

Mygroup is at the Max-Planck Institute for Molecular Biology and
Genetics in Dresden, Germany.It is primarily an interdisciplinary
algorithms/software team with a smaller subgroup that builds novel
microscopes.See Myers Lab Homepage <http://myerslab.mpi-cbg.de>.

I have two PacBio long read sequencers with which we have already
produced a significant amount of long read data (600Gbp), and our goal
is to build a near-perfect /de novo/ assembler for a variety of targets
including a 32Gbp genome.To view some of our recent work in this
specific area one can take a look at the Dazzler Blog
<http://www.dazzlerblog.wordpress.com>and our recent WABI 2014 Paper
<http://myerslab.mpi-cbg.de/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/WABI.2014.pdf>

The position is available immediately.The prospective candidate should
send a CV and the name and e-mail contacts for 3 references to
myers at mpi-cbg.de <mailto:myers at mpi-cbg.de>.

Sincerely,

Gene Myers

Director, Tschira Chair for Systems Biology

MPI for Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics