[CPM-SPIRE-L] Postdoctoral researcher : Rennes, France

Pierre Peterlongo pierre.peterlongo at inria.fr
Fri Aug 23 06:09:46 PDT 2013

Title:
Algorithms for dealing with polymorphism and variants in unassembled NGS
data

In the context of the ANR Colib’read http://colibread.inria.fr/ (Calling
Biological information from raw reads), we propose a 18 months
postdoctoral position.
It will be located in the Inria/Irisa genscale team, Rennes, France
http://team.inria.fr/genscale. A major expertize domain of this team is
development of methdos for the extraction of relevant biological
information from raw non assembled NGS data, bearing in mind the
objective to design scalable (both in term of time and memory)
algorithms for processing the huge NGS datasets.

The aim of the project is to propose new methods to efficiently detect
and exploit polymorphisms and variants while working with unassembled
NGS data for which no reference genome is available.
A possible starting idea is to develop methods applied on assembly graphs.
The application domains will be the detection of haplotypes, the
detection and characterization of repeats, the storage and exploitation
of polymorphims between individuals or species.

Skills
We are looking for candidates with a strong background in algorithmic,
development, computational biology and in particular with NGS data.

Contacts and application
Please send a CV and motivation letter:

  * Claire Lemaitre: claire.lemaitre at inria.fr
    <mailto:claire.lemaitre%40inria.fr>